- Quick Overview of Blackboard 9.1 (v1. November 2010): This video introduces the new system and notes differences between this and our current Blackboard CE8 system.
- Quick Overview of Blackboard 9.1 (v2. February 2011): Screencast version of the awareness raising session complete with Closed Captions, and Interactive Transcript (best viewed full screen at 720p).
- 5 Essential Skills: Basics that will help you develop your section.
- How to log into Blackboard 9.1 through Edge Hill University's Go Portal. This video is aimed at students but relevant to all.
Thinking about what you want to achieve
- Blackboard’s Exemplary Course Program: You might find some inspiration and ideas from what others have been doing.
Creating content and setting up the section
- Creating a Blank Page: How to create a new page within your section.
- Using the Text Editor: Editing text content created within Learning Edge and adding images and hyperlinks to it.
- Create a Mashup: Not a mashup as you know it, it’s just embedding resources from sites like YouTube and SlideShare.
- Building a Learning Module
- Course Files: Note that EHU has the basic version
Communication and collaboration
- Creating Announcements
- Creating a Group
- Creating a Blog
- Creating a Journal
- Creating a Wiki: If you've not thought about using Wikis before, we've collected some resources to get you thinking.
- Videos related to assessment: Note that EHU does not use Safe Assign so ignore videos about that.